Sunday, April 1

Mood Board: Lavender and Sunshine Nursery


The mood board mania is back!

Here is a reader request for her baby girl's nursery. She wanted grey walls, with accents of purples and yellows.

I hope you like it.




1. Wall Paint - Restoration Hardware in Pumice. I chose the lightest grey in the Restoration Hardware Flint family to make the accent colors pop. It would look great with white ceilings and trims.

2. Crib Bedding - Dahlia Crib Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. When I saw this, I thought it would be perfect for your little girl's nursery. It has this geometric (with a bit of girly fun on the side) print which I thought you'd like too. Plus, it's on sale! What more can you ask for?

You can also get this Not a Peep - Yellow Polka Dot from Land of Nod, or something similar, as your second crib sheet. It would still match the bumper.

3. Curtains - Anita from Ikea. This is made from heavy fabric that has pattern if you look closely. It helps block out light and sound, which I think is ideal for a nursery. I have this in my home, and love it! It's really cheap too -- $30 for the pair. You can add some sheer white curtains behind it to let light in without sacrificing privacy.

4. Rug - Soho Chrono Rug from Overstock. I'm so glad you chose this rug. :)

5. Lighting - Ikea Astrid Ceiling Lamp. This ceiling lamp from Ikea is adorable, and will fit in the nursery.

6. Glider - Babyletto Nara Glider. If you don't have one already, I suggest that you take a look at this glider. Although it's a bit on the pricey side, I love that it has a modern style, and it doesn't "rock" but glides. Add some decorative pillows like the Hayward lavender pillow from Crate & Barrel, or the Crewel diamond pillow from West Elm.

7. Changing Table - Hemnes Chest. You'll be able to save a lot if you find some kind of dresser/chest of drawers that can double as a changing table like the Hemnes Chest or the bigger 8-drawer chest. You can even upstyle this piece just by changing the cabinet pulls. I found an antique brass french tassel pull that's 46% off -- $3.50 per piece from D. Lawless Hardware.  Then, just secure an ordinary changing pad on top, like this one.

8. Art Prints - You Are My Sunshine by Yassis Place. Here's an etsy find. I love that this one is simple, colorful and joyful. If your budget is really low, you can even make this as an inspiration and DIY your own prints with purple and yellow as your color theme.

Finally, personalize it even more with your grey, purple or yellow small decors. Look for some you already own.







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...