Wednesday, April 11

Crafts/DIY: Cute and Easy Cupcake Flags


When I saw cute cupcake flags in Somewhere Splendid, I knew I had to make them for Allie's party.

They are super easy to make. All you need are:
* toothpicks (I like the smooth round ones)
* patterned paper

1.  I made my own flag template and design, customized especially for Allie's party (you can use patterned paper too). Download the pink and green flags (I removed the letter 'A' from the pink flag design so you can use it however you want) from here.
2.  Cut the diamond shapes. I find that using a cutter, steel ruler and a cutting mat is easier and faster than using a pair of scissors especially when I had to make about a hundred of them. :P
3.  Use sterile gloves to assemble the flags in order to keep the toothpicks clean.
4.  Have a clean container ready. Something like a rubbermaid plastic container or ziplock will do.
Tip from the mom who did this 100 times in 4 batches :) : Fold the cut paper in half. Put some glue on the backside of the paper. Place the toothpick at the folded part, then seal.

I had little yummy cupcakes made by my cousin's pastry chef friend. They were frosted with pink, green and white. We just stuck the cupcake flags in to finish. I think this is a lovely way to personalize cupcakes. Don't you agree?


Photo by Resonance Photography
Photo by Resonance Photography

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. So creative:-) do you have the contact numbers of yourxake and cupcakes supplier? May i know hm too? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative:-) do you have the contact numbers of yourxake and cupcakes supplier? May i know hm too? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie. The pastry chefs who made our awesome cake and cupcakes are Ewok and Lizarda Patisserie. Find them here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ewok-Lizarda-Pâtisserie/295896353791166?fref=ts

      I think the price depends on what design you want. :-) I hope this helps.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...